AAA Division RulesUpdatedTuesday July 14, 2020 bySLL.
1. The Division Moderator is Michael Guilfoyle
2. All 2020 Green Book rules are in effect.
3. Managers and coaches must remain in the dugout during the game unless coaching a base. Only a manager may appeal a call. Appeals must be made immediately before the next play begins.
4. Four hit batsman in any one game by any one pitcher shall cause for the immediate removal of said pitcher.
5. A continuous batting order shall be used for all games.
6. There is a five (5) run rule per inning, except in the last inning. In whatever inning is determined the last inning by the managers and umpires (prior to the start of the inning), there are unlimited runs allowed.
7. There shall be a 15 run rule in effect after 4 innings, and 10 runs after 5 innings. If after 4 innings, 3 ½ if the home team is ahead, a team leads by 15 runs or more, the game shall be a complete game. If after 5 innings, 4 ½ if the home team is ahead, a team leads by 10 runs or more, the game shall be a complete game. The managers are strongly encouraged to complete the game using individuals who would not ordinarily pitch. NOTE – If the visiting team has a lead of 15 (10 in 5 innings) or more the home team must bat in its half inning.
8. Games reports must be submitted within 12 hours of the end of the game. Failure to submit a game report will result in an immediate suspension of 2 games.
9. Pitching rules:
10. All players present in uniform must enter each game in an active role (except base coaching) by the start of the 2nd inning. No player shall sit (occupy a bench position) for more than 2 non consecutive innings during any regulation game. Defensive substitutions are prohibited during an inning.
11. The infield fly rule is not in effect for this division.
13. A complete game in AAA and Majors shall be three (3) innings or two and one-half (2 ½) innings if the home team is ahead.