AA Division RulesUpdatedMonday April 26, 2021 bySLL.
1. The Division Moderator is Michael Guilfoyle.
2. Three (3) run rule per inning. The inning ends when the defensive team records three (3) outs or three
(3) runs are scored by the team at bat.
3. A game is over when the earliest of the following occurs:
4. AT NO TIME MAY EXTRA INNINGS BE PLAYED.
5. No inning in any division will begin after 8:00pm.
6. Teams will use the continuous batting order.
7. Batters must use a helmet with a face guard.
8. No base on balls. Upon reaching four (4) balls, a coach of the batting team will be called in to pitch. The strike count remains and the umpire will continue to call strikes on a player. Three (3) strikes and the batter is out.
9. No base stealing.
10. Runners are not allowed to advance on overthrows.
11. Defensive team may place a coach behind the catcher to field balls to move the game along.
12. The defensive team may utilize 10 players in the field by playing a fourth player in the outfield.
13. Games may be played with less than 9 (nine) players upon agreement by both managers.
14. Game reports MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 12 hours to the Division Moderator. Failure to submit a game report will result in an immediate suspension of 2 games.
1. Players are not required to pitch from the rubber. However, it is suggested to have stronger players to pitch from the 45’ rubber. If a player cannot consistently reach the plate with strikes from 45’, it is recommended that those pitchers move to 40' away from the plate (this will be the case with a majority of pitchers in AA).
2. At the start of the season, if teams do not have enough pitching to get through a game, coaches can be utilized.
3. Smithfield Little League expresses the importance of developing pitchers. If a team has a player capable to pitch at the start of the season, the League encourages managers to pitch the player(s). Each teams' goal should be to develop enough pitchers so that by the end of the season, a complete game can be layed with players pitching.
4. Little League Pitch count rules are in effect.
5. If a player plays the position of catcher for four (4) or more innings, the player may not pitch in that calendar day.